Kane

Default word errors everytime exit sleep mode

This bizzare thing just started happening with WORD. I have had this Dell
laptop for about 3 months, and now, everytime I recover from sleep mode
(power management puts laptop into sleep mode after 5 minutes of non-use)
Word is automatically launched and then I receive an error message that Word
cannot connect to the designated webserver.

It does not tell me what web server it cannot connect to. I have internet
access at that time, so I am not sure what its problem is.

I am not concerned about the web access for Word, but getting annoyed that
it automatically launches when when I exit sleep mode.

Is this a setting? How can I correct? Thanks.
Word Heretic

G'day "Kane" ,

mumble mumble This isnt a word setting, its an OS setting. There is
a hibernate script for before and after sleep mode. You better set a
net techie about this one.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

Kane reckoned:

This bizzare thing just started happening with WORD. I have had this Dell
laptop for about 3 months, and now, everytime I recover from sleep mode
(power management puts laptop into sleep mode after 5 minutes of non-use)
Word is automatically launched and then I receive an error message that Word
cannot connect to the designated webserver.

It does not tell me what web server it cannot connect to. I have internet
access at that time, so I am not sure what its problem is.

I am not concerned about the web access for Word, but getting annoyed that
it automatically launches when when I exit sleep mode.

Is this a setting? How can I correct? Thanks.

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?S2FuZQ==?=,

You neglect to tell us the version of Word involved, which makes
troubleshooting close to impossible. I suggest you ask this in a more
appropriate group - word.setup.networking or office.setup - and be sure to
include the version information.

This bizzare thing just started happening with WORD. I have had this Dell
laptop for about 3 months, and now, everytime I recover from sleep mode
(power management puts laptop into sleep mode after 5 minutes of non-use)
Word is automatically launched and then I receive an error message that Word
cannot connect to the designated webserver.

It does not tell me what web server it cannot connect to. I have internet
access at that time, so I am not sure what its problem is.

I am not concerned about the web access for Word, but getting annoyed that
it automatically launches when when I exit sleep mode.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)