Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JSawyer JSawyer is offline

Default Word 2007-Formatting

When Word 2007 opens, it starts with numbered lines. Is this normal and how
can I get the program to open with normal document layouts.

JSawyer
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

It is not a normal "out of the box" condition. You can set line number
display (including setting them to none) with the "Line Numbers" control in
the Page Setup Group on the Page Layout Tab.

--
Greg Maxey

See my web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
for an eclectic collection of Word Tips.

"JSawyer" wrote in message
When Word 2007 opens, it starts with numbered lines. Is this normal and
how
can I get the program to open with normal document layouts.

JSawyer

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/...ocnotblank.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JSawyer" wrote in message
When Word 2007 opens, it starts with numbered lines. Is this normal and
how
can I get the program to open with normal document layouts.

JSawyer

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

J,

My suggestion may be off base. With line numbers set to display Word will
not start with numbered "lines," only a numeral "1" by line one will be
displayed.

Stephan's tip will show you how to clear text in your normal (or blank
document) template.

Sorry for any confusion.

"JSawyer" wrote in message
When Word 2007 opens, it starts with numbered lines. Is this normal and
how
can I get the program to open with normal document layouts.

JSawyer

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Another possibility is that paragraph numbering has been applied to the
Normal style or the default empty paragraph. This could require opening
Normal.dot, or possibly it could be solved by removing the numbering from
the Normal style (if that's the problem).

http://word.mvps.org

"JSawyer" wrote in message
When Word 2007 opens, it starts with numbered lines. Is this normal and
how
can I get the program to open with normal document layouts.

JSawyer

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm glad I could help.

--