Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ataraxia Ataraxia is offline

Default Where can I get a 5x8 Card Template for Word 2003?

That says it all. I want to be able to write on a series of blank 5x8 cards
as a template in Word 2003.
Thank you.
Chuck
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You can create a template for this custom size, but you probably won't have
much luck unless your printer supports it.

1. Create a new blank document and change the paper size to 5" x 8". If this
is a built-in printer size, you're in luck; otherwise, Word will define it
as Custom. (Note that some printers allow you to define new paper sizes
through the printer Properties; there may be a limit to the number of
user-defined sizes.)

2. Set reasonable margins and fill the card with dummy text (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/DummyText.htm).

3. Print the document on a sheet of Letter-sized paper and see where the
print falls. If it's in the position where you would be feeding your card,
then you're home free. If not, you'll need to create your template on Letter
paper, adjusting the margins to force the active print region to the area
where your card will be.

4. Save the document as a template (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...latePart1.htm).