Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
yoni yoni is offline

Default update object caption numbers when moving the object

I wish to add an object with its caption (auto caption I know..) so that the
caption will not be in a text box and that its numbers will change like auto
numbering, i.e. no only when I add a new object but when I replce two
existing objects between them.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?eW9uaQ==?=,

I wish to add an object with its caption (auto caption I know..) so that the
caption will not be in a text box and that its numbers will change like auto
numbering, i.e. no only when I add a new object but when I replce two
existing objects between them.

A caption will not be in a text box if the object is formatted with "in line
with text" as the text flow.

Captions cannot renumber automatically, by default. Word uses SEQ fields, not
autonumbering, for captions. You could change the CAPTION style's definition to
include autonumbering, but then you couldn't have separate numbering sequences
for table, figures, etc. And you'd have to work with the Cross-References
dialog box differently.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org