Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Karl Snooks Karl Snooks is offline

Default Use monospaced fonts-Word 2007 keeps changing font

Good People,
I select the "David"font. As soon as I hit any key then the font is back to my default font of Consolas.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Karl
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

From pervious experience with non-Microsoft fonts, it suggests that the font you are trying to use does not have the required permissions to be used on your system. Fonts come with different levels of permissions of use: some let you use it only on its 'licensed' computer and cannot be moved to another computer.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Karl Snooks" wrote in message ...
Good People,
I select the "David"font. As soon as I hit any key then the font is back to my default font of Consolas.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Karl
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Karl Snooks Karl Snooks is offline

Terry,

Using SnagIt I made a txt capture of my fonts listing from Control Panel | Fonts

Here is a portion of the resulting captu
Name 6 Size 6
Courier New Italic 580 KB

Curlz MT 68 KB
DaunPenh 187 KB

David 56 KB
David Bold 55 KB

DFKai-SB 5,058 KB

DilleniaUPC 68 KB
DilleniaUPC Bold 64 KB

DilleniaUPC Bold Italic 68 KB
DilleniaUPC Italic 69 KB

DokChampa 147 KB
Edwardian Script ITC 63 KB

Elephant 51 KB
Elephant Italic 54 KB

Engravers MT 49 KB
Eras Bold ITC 57 KB

Eras Demi ITC 59 KB

Eras Light ITC 68 KB
Eras Medium ITC 60 KB

Estrangelo Edessa 108 KB
EucrosiaUPC 71 KB

As I understand Vista Ultimate 32x, the fonts listed should be available to me.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Karl
"Terry Farrell" wrote in message ...
From pervious experience with non-Microsoft fonts, it suggests that the font you are trying to use does not have the required permissions to be used on your system. Fonts come with different levels of permissions of use: some let you use it only on its 'licensed' computer and cannot be moved to another computer.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Karl Snooks" wrote in message ...
Good People,
I select the "David"font. As soon as I hit any key then the font is back to my default font of Consolas.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Karl
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Several of those fonts did not come with Vista or any Microsoft application.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

[...]

From pervious experience with non-Microsoft fonts, it suggests that the font you are trying to use does not have the required permissions to be used on your system. Fonts come with different levels of permissions of use: some let you use it only on its 'licensed' computer and cannot be moved to another computer.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Karl Snooks" wrote in message ...
Good People,
I select the "David"font. As soon as I hit any key then the font is back to my default font of Consolas.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Karl
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Karl Snooks Karl Snooks is offline

JoAnn,
I don't know where they came from but I would like to be able to use them.

I did check the "permissions" and all is OK there.

Thanks,
Karl

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message ...
[...]

From pervious experience with non-Microsoft fonts, it suggests that the font you are trying to use does not have the required permissions to be used on your system. Fonts come with different levels of permissions of use: some let you use it only on its 'licensed' computer and cannot be moved to another computer.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Karl Snooks" wrote in message ...
Good People,
I select the "David"font. As soon as I hit any key then the font is back to my default font of Consolas.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Karl

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Karl Snooks Karl Snooks is offline

JoAnn,
I've included a 5.6kb .png capture of the Word 2007 font drop-down list showing the font name (and a few others).

Ideas?
[...]

From pervious experience with non-Microsoft fonts, it suggests that the font you are trying to use does not have the required permissions to be used on your system. Fonts come with different levels of permissions of use: some let you use it only on its 'licensed' computer and cannot be moved to another computer.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Karl Snooks" wrote in message ...
Good People,
I select the "David"font. As soon as I hit any key then the font is back to my default font of Consolas.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Karl
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I would suggest you start by researching which programs you installed that included fonts and then contacting that source. Or you can try Googling the font name to sind out who created it. Perhaps they can help.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

From pervious experience with non-Microsoft fonts, it suggests that the font you are trying to use does not have the required permissions to be used on your system. Fonts come with different levels of permissions of use: some let you use it only on its 'licensed' computer and cannot be moved to another computer.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Karl Snooks" wrote in message ...
Good People,
I select the "David"font. As soon as I hit any key then the font is back to my default font of Consolas.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Karl
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Sorry, not going to open the attachment.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

From pervious experience with non-Microsoft fonts, it suggests that the font you are trying to use does not have the required permissions to be used on your system. Fonts come with different levels of permissions of use: some let you use it only on its 'licensed' computer and cannot be moved to another computer.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Karl Snooks" wrote in message ...
Good People,
I select the "David"font. As soon as I hit any key then the font is back to my default font of Consolas.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Karl
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Karl Snooks Karl Snooks is offline

JoAnn,
It appears that those fonts might be from a Hebrew font foundry, MasterFont, however, I do not read, write, understand Hebrew and, to the best of my knowledge, have not visted any Israeli sites.

I am not a "gamer" or anything of that nature. I'm an MCP myself with 3 credentials and use my computer for serious purposes. I'm as baffled as you are if you say that these fonts are not the result of some MS add-on. I've never bought fonts.

The joys of computing.
[...]

From pervious experience with non-Microsoft fonts, it suggests that the font you are trying to use does not have the required permissions to be used on your system. Fonts come with different levels of permissions of use: some let you use it only on its 'licensed' computer and cannot be moved to another computer.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Karl Snooks" wrote in message ...
Good People,
I select the "David"font. As soon as I hit any key then the font is back to my default font of Consolas.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Karl
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

These fonts are not standard fonts and as I said previously, they are restricted in their use - probably to the applications in which they were embedded or to a computer on which they are licensed. If you download the Microsoft Font Extension tool from the link below, it should give you all the information that you need to know about them. But be assured that this is not a problem with Word.

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/...roperty21.mspx

Terry

From pervious experience with non-Microsoft fonts, it suggests that the font you are trying to use does not have the required permissions to be used on your system. Fonts come with different levels of permissions of use: some let you use it only on its 'licensed' computer and cannot be moved to another computer.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Karl Snooks" wrote in message ...
Good People,
I select the "David"font. As soon as I hit any key then the font is back to my default font of Consolas.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Karl

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Karl Snooks Karl Snooks is offline

JoAnn,

You may need to zoom in, but there it is.

Karl

"JoAnn Paules" <> wrote in message ...

Sorry, not going to open the attachment.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Karl Snooks" <
> wrote in message ...

JoAnn,

I've included a 5.6kb .png capture of the Word 2007 font drop-down list showing the font name (and a few others).

Ideas?

  Karl

"JoAnn Paules" <
> wrote in message ...

Several of those fonts did not come with Vista or any Microsoft application.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Karl Snooks" <
> wrote in message ...

Terry,

Using SnagIt I made a txt capture of my fonts listing from Control Panel | Fonts

Here is a portion of the resulting  captu

Name       &nbs p;             6   Size       &nbs p;     6
     Courier New Italic      580 KB

     Curlz MT                 68 KB
     DaunPenh               &nbsp ; 187 KB

     David       &nb sp;       &nbsp ;   56 KB
     David Bold       &nbs p;      55 KB

     DFKai-SB                 5,058 KB

     DilleniaUPC      &nb sp;      68 KB
     DilleniaUPC Bold        64 KB

     DilleniaUPC Bold Italic 68 KB
     DilleniaUPC Italic      69 KB

     DokChampa      &nbsp ;        147 KB
     Edwardian Script ITC    63 KB

     Elephant               &nbsp ; 51 KB
     Elephant Italic       &n bsp; 54 KB

     Engravers MT             49 KB
     Eras Bold ITC       &nbsp ;   57 KB

     Eras Demi ITC       &nbsp ;   59 KB

     Eras Light ITC       &nbsp ;  68 KB
     Eras Medium ITC       &nbsp ; 60 KB

     Estrangelo Edessa       108 KB
     EucrosiaUPC      &nb sp;      71 KB

As I understand Vista Ultimate 32x, the fonts listed should be available to me.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

  Karl

"Terry Farrell" <
> wrote in message ...

From pervious experience with non-Microsoft fonts, it suggests that the font you are trying to use does not have the required permissions to be used on your system. Fonts come with different levels of permissions of use: some let you use it only on its 'licensed' computer and cannot be moved to another computer.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Karl Snooks" <
> wrote in message ...

Good People,
I select the "David"font.  As soon as I hit any key then the font is back to my default font of Consolas.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Karl

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If you do not read, write, or understand Hebrew, why are you trying to use a
Hebrew font? It may well be that the font can be used only when you have
Right to Left enabled and Hebrew selected as the text language.

"Karl Snooks" wrote in message
JoAnn,
It appears that those fonts might be from a Hebrew font foundry, MasterFont,
however, I do not read, write, understand Hebrew and, to the best of my
knowledge, have not visted any Israeli sites.

I am not a "gamer" or anything of that nature. I'm an MCP myself with 3
credentials and use my computer for serious purposes. I'm as baffled as you
are if you say that these fonts are not the result of some MS add-on. I've
never bought fonts.

The joys of computing.
karl
"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
Several of those fonts did not come with Vista or any Microsoft
application.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Karl Snooks" wrote in message
Terry,

Using SnagIt I made a txt capture of my fonts listing from Control Panel
| Fonts

Here is a portion of the resulting captu
Name 6 Size 6
Courier New Italic 580 KB

Curlz MT 68 KB
DaunPenh 187 KB

David 56 KB
David Bold 55 KB

DFKai-SB 5,058 KB

DilleniaUPC 68 KB
DilleniaUPC Bold 64 KB

DilleniaUPC Bold Italic 68 KB
DilleniaUPC Italic 69 KB

DokChampa 147 KB
Edwardian Script ITC 63 KB

Elephant 51 KB
Elephant Italic 54 KB

Engravers MT 49 KB
Eras Bold ITC 57 KB

Eras Demi ITC 59 KB

Eras Light ITC 68 KB
Eras Medium ITC 60 KB

Estrangelo Edessa 108 KB
EucrosiaUPC 71 KB

As I understand Vista Ultimate 32x, the fonts listed should be available
to me.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Karl
"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
From pervious experience with non-Microsoft fonts, it suggests that
the font you are trying to use does not have the required permissions to be
used on your system. Fonts come with different levels of permissions of use:
some let you use it only on its 'licensed' computer and cannot be moved to
another computer.