Aaron (ireland)

Default opening word files at 40%

Hi All,

Could someone help me. A user is having an issue with opening some files
they recieved via Outlook. What is happening on some files is when opening
they open at 40% instead of 100%. This only happens to some files.

Regards

Aaron
Greg

Aaron,

You can put the following lines in an AutoOpen Macro in you Normal.dot
file:

Sub AutoOpen()
With ActiveWindow.View
.Zoom.Percentage = 100
'or I use
'.Zoom.PageFit = wdPageFitBestFit
End With
End Sub

Aaron (ireland)

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the reply. Do I insert that code into the VB editor when in the
normal.dot template. Or where do I insert the code?

Regards

Aaron

"Greg" wrote:

Aaron,

You can put the following lines in an AutoOpen Macro in you Normal.dot
file:

Sub AutoOpen()
With ActiveWindow.View
.Zoom.Percentage = 100
'or I use
'.Zoom.PageFit = wdPageFitBestFit
End With
End Sub

Greg

Aaron,

Yes, put it in Normal.dot

See:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CreateAMacro.htm

Aaron (ireland)

Hi Greg,

Thats works for the zoom. Cheers man. Microsoft rocks.

Regards

Aaron

"Greg" wrote:

Aaron,

Yes, put it in Normal.dot

See:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CreateAMacro.htm

Aaron (ireland)

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for the reply. I must test saving a file in reading layout and send
it to a user thats reads in print view. Am I correct in saying that the
document will opening in reading view. This really bugs some of the users on
the network. Is there a network script available to remotely configure all
internal versions of Word 2003 to set the views each time the program is ran.
I know I changed most of the default settings after installation (in regards
to views and toolbar postions.).

Thanks for your time.

Aaron