Dawn Reid Dawn Reid is offline
Junior Member

Location: New Jersey
Send a message via Skype™ to Dawn Reid
Unhappy Marcos keep deleting - Help!

I finally was able to get macros for clearing all fields and updating all fields to work properly in the user forms I created. However, If I email the document, and/or if the file is accessed on the shared drive from a test PC that I am using, or if th file is sent and openned by internal colleagues, the macros are removed. I have added/attached the template, imported Word Custoizaitons, ensured that macros are enabled, saved file as a word macro-enabled document and/or template, but no matter what I do, the macros are stripped. My thought is that its the virus protection. I already know that the company will maintain the security level, so any changes to this is not an option. What else should I look at or do in order to make sure the macros are not deleted and/or that any customizaitons are retained in the file?

FYI, what I find strange is that I am not sure why the marcos are not removed from the documents I create and/or why I see the macro in the VBA editor if I re-open the document from my laptop. I don't see any differences in how my laptop is setup or the test PC environment, and/or other end users. I really would like some feedback or suggestions on this.

Thank you in advance for your help.

D.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Marcos keep deleting - Help!

In recent versions of Word, macros must be stored in macro-enabled templates
(*.dotm) or macro-enabled documents (*.docm). However, macro security
settings in Word/Office means that you can't force users to run macros.

The best approach is to save macros in a (macro-enabled) document template
and send both the document and the template to each recipient, who must then
install the template in his/her user templates folder (and make sure that
the path to the template is correct for the document in the Templates and
Add-Ins dialog box).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Dawn Reid" wrote in message
news

[...]

Thank you so much for your response.

So, if users enable macros, no problem, but, if they don't, then the macro is stipped? I did notice when I tested the template as long as the user enabled, macros he was fine.

Ok, thank you so much for responding!

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom[_3_] View Post
In recent versions of Word, macros must be stored in macro-enabled templates
(*.dotm) or macro-enabled documents (*.docm). However, macro security
settings in Word/Office means that you can't force users to run macros.

The best approach is to save macros in a (macro-enabled) document template
and send both the document and the template to each recipient, who must then
install the template in his/her user templates folder (and make sure that
the path to the template is correct for the document in the Templates and
Add-Ins dialog box).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news

Marcos denmarfl Microsoft Word Help 6 September 11th 09 02:13 AM
MARCOS nelangdevbren Microsoft Word Help 1 August 21st 09 10:25 PM
Remove marcos from Word documents? JT Blueboy Page Layout 1 July 19th 06 08:47 PM
Marcos Amanda Microsoft Word Help 2 May 20th 05 04:46 PM
BUTTONS WITH MARCOS SAXWA Microsoft Word Help 3 February 4th 05 02:11 AM