Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard O. Neville

Default AutoScroll Speed

I used AutoScroll to read long documents, such as depositions. However, I am
unable to control the scrolling speed. In some documents, it scrolls slowly
enough to read, and I can slow it down more by moving the mouse. In others,
it is too fast to read and cannot be slowed down. Suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

You can change the speed of your mouse and roller in your Control Panel.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Richard O. Neville" wrote:

I used AutoScroll to read long documents, such as depositions. However, I am
unable to control the scrolling speed. In some documents, it scrolls slowly
enough to read, and I can slow it down more by moving the mouse. In others,
it is too fast to read and cannot be slowed down. Suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

See: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oothScroll.htm
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Richard O. Neville" wrote:

I used AutoScroll to read long documents, such as depositions. However, I
am
unable to control the scrolling speed. In some documents, it scrolls
slowly
enough to read, and I can slow it down more by moving the mouse. In
others,
it is too fast to read and cannot be slowed down. Suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Hi Carol,

That isn't really what Richard is asking about. The AutoScroll feature
is usually started by clicking the mouse wheel, if you have one that
acts like a button, or you can make a toolbar button by dragging the
AutoScroll command from the All Commands section of the Tools
Customize dialog (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=197676).

Like Richard, I find that the minimum speed of AutoScroll is too fast
to read anything. As far as I know, there's no adjustment -- so I just
don't use it. Another nice idea poorly implemented. :-(

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Richard O. Neville" wrote:

I used AutoScroll to read long documents, such as depositions. However, I
am
unable to control the scrolling speed. In some documents, it scrolls
slowly
enough to read, and I can slow it down more by moving the mouse. In
others,
it is too fast to read and cannot be slowed down. Suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Thanks Jay. I'll try to put that in the old memory bank!
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP