Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ray Montgomery Ray Montgomery is offline

Default Microsoft Word - little blue angles

After years of using MS Word, a strange thing has happened. In print layout, little blue 90-degree angles are showing in all 4 corners in page layout view marking the header/footer boundaries. This happens in all my files, even in old ones where they didn't used to appear. They don't print, but they are annoying while working. How can I make them not appear? I have tried everything. Using Word 2003 on XP. I'm pretty good in Word, but this has me stumped. I don't even know what to call these things.

Thanks,
-Ray

WPF DataGrid Custom Paging and Sorting
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...tom-pagin.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Ray,

You most likely have a East Asian language enabled. STARTAll
ProgramsMicrosoft OfficeMicrosoft Office ToolsMicrosoft Office 2003
Language Settings and disable the East Asian language.

--
Greg Maxey

See my web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
for an eclectic collection of Word Tips.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the
strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them
better. The credit belongs to the man in the arena, whose face is
marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly...who knows
the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a
worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high
achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while
daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and
timid souls who have never known neither victory nor defeat." - TR