Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shek5150

Default Security Warning...

Greetings...

I have no idea what I did...but starting yesterday I started receiving the
following message (when I attempt to open MS Word)...

Security Warning:

C:\ProgramFiles\Microsoft Office\Office10\Startup\A20MSW10.dot . . .

contains macros by Avery Dennison Corporation...then the message goes on to
explain the hazards of macros...

Don't know what I did...but would like to stop this "Security Warning"
message from popping up each time I start MS Word...

I thank you in advance for any assistance you're willing/able to provide.

V/R,
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Steve, sounds like you got your macro security settings on medium or high.
Perhaps you used to have them set to low.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Shek5150" wrote in message
Greetings...

I have no idea what I did...but starting yesterday I started receiving the
following message (when I attempt to open MS Word)...

Security Warning:

C:\ProgramFiles\Microsoft Office\Office10\Startup\A20MSW10.dot . . .

contains macros by Avery Dennison Corporation...then the message goes on
explain the hazards of macros...

Don't know what I did...but would like to stop this "Security Warning"
message from popping up each time I start MS Word...

I thank you in advance for any assistance you're willing/able to provide.

V/R,
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shek5150

Is my only option to lower the macro security setting in Word? or is it
possible to remove whatever macro is causing this to occur?

Sorry if that sound's like a goofy question...but I don't know tooooo much
about macros and word....

Steve

"Shek5150" wrote in message
Greetings...

I have no idea what I did...but starting yesterday I started receiving the
following message (when I attempt to open MS Word)...

Security Warning:

C:\ProgramFiles\Microsoft Office\Office10\Startup\A20MSW10.dot . . .

contains macros by Avery Dennison Corporation...then the message goes on
explain the hazards of macros...

Don't know what I did...but would like to stop this "Security Warning"
message from popping up each time I start MS Word...

I thank you in advance for any assistance you're willing/able to provide.

V/R,
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Remove the file from the startup directory.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Shek5150" wrote in message
Greetings...

I have no idea what I did...but starting yesterday I started receiving
the
following message (when I attempt to open MS Word)...

Security Warning:

C:\ProgramFiles\Microsoft Office\Office10\Startup\A20MSW10.dot . . .

contains macros by Avery Dennison Corporation...then the message goes
on
explain the hazards of macros...

Don't know what I did...but would like to stop this "Security Warning"
message from popping up each time I start MS Word...

I thank you in advance for any assistance you're willing/able to
provide.

V/R,
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You have downloaded a template from Avery and put it in the Office Startup
folder. This is probably not the best location (it should probably go in
your user templates folder instead), and it is the reason for the security
message. If you have checked the box for "Trust all installed templates and
add-ins" on the Trusted Sources tab of Tools | Macro | Security, then you
will not get a warning for templates in the Word Startup folder or the user
templates folder. Unfortunately, this trust does not extend to the Office
Startup folder, which is why you're getting the warning. Find the location
of your user templates folder from the File Locations tab of Tools | Options
and move the template there.