Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wuzzy10

Default How can I use same address list for mail merge and label printing

I can use Word 'mail merge' to print all addresses in my Word address table.
It appears that I have to use 'Tools', 'Envelopes & Labels' and Contacts
(from 'Outlook') to print single addresses on a particular label (in a part
used sheet). I have tried to import the Word merge address table into Outlook
- Contacts, but Contact records these as single lines only. I tried to
convert the Word, Merge address list into Excel, but again ended up with
single cells instead of complete addresses in rows. It would be helpful if I
could select the Word merge address list as the source for 'Envelopes and
labels' contact list, but can't find a way of adding this into the current
source options. I don't mind having 2 separate address lists, but would
prefer to have only one, used for both methods. Can anyone help, please?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sheila D

Instead of using Tools, Envelopes & Lables. use Mail Merge and then choose
Labels, this lets you specify the data source. HTH

Sheila

"Wuzzy10" wrote:

I can use Word 'mail merge' to print all addresses in my Word address table.
It appears that I have to use 'Tools', 'Envelopes & Labels' and Contacts
(from 'Outlook') to print single addresses on a particular label (in a part
used sheet). I have tried to import the Word merge address table into Outlook
- Contacts, but Contact records these as single lines only. I tried to
convert the Word, Merge address list into Excel, but again ended up with
single cells instead of complete addresses in rows. It would be helpful if I
could select the Word merge address list as the source for 'Envelopes and
labels' contact list, but can't find a way of adding this into the current
source options. I don't mind having 2 separate address lists, but would
prefer to have only one, used for both methods. Can anyone help, please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wuzzy10

Default How can I use same address list for mail merge and label print

Thank you for that, Sheila. Not sure which version of Word you have. When I
select Mail Merge, The 'Mail Merge Helper' appears, there is no option to
choose 'Labels', except to 'create' again. This method doesn't seem to allow
individual labels to be printed in a particular place (part used sheet etc)
either. Can you help any further?

"Wuzzy10" wrote:

I can use Word 'mail merge' to print all addresses in my Word address table.
It appears that I have to use 'Tools', 'Envelopes & Labels' and Contacts
(from 'Outlook') to print single addresses on a particular label (in a part
used sheet). I have tried to import the Word merge address table into Outlook
- Contacts, but Contact records these as single lines only. I tried to
convert the Word, Merge address list into Excel, but again ended up with
single cells instead of complete addresses in rows. It would be helpful if I
could select the Word merge address list as the source for 'Envelopes and
labels' contact list, but can't find a way of adding this into the current
source options. I don't mind having 2 separate address lists, but would
prefer to have only one, used for both methods. Can anyone help, please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sheila D

In all versions of Word when you start to use Mail Merge you are asked what
type of document you want to create, if you're getting the Mail Merg helper
I'm guessing it's 2000 or less so just click on the drop down in Step 1 and
choose lables instead of letter.

Sheila