Tammy Miesner

Default How do I view the macros included in a template?

In Microsoft Word, I use an existing template, which is stored in the
Micrososft Templates directory, to create new documents. The template used to
show a custom macros toolbar; but now it no longer appears and isn't even
included in the toolbar list when I right-click in the toolbar area at the
top of the application.

In use: Microsoft Word 2002 (10.5815.6735) SP3
On: Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP2
PC: Intel Pentium III processor 498 MHz, 256 MB of RAM

I don't recall deleting any toolbars from the list; does anyone know about
this issue?

I appreciate any help.

Tammy
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?VGFtbXkgTWllc25lcg==?=,

To answer the question in the subject line: Tools/Templates and Addins/Organizer

About your more general question: I don't know of anything built into Word that
would remove a toolbar. An Addin could do something like this, but normally
would only change the visibility (unless it's a virus or something).

More often, people save toolbars in a different location, without realizing it,
then remove that container file so that it doesn't load. Are you certain you
explicitly saved the toolbars in this template and not, for example, in
Normal.dot? And then you perhaps deleted or renamed Normal.dot to troubleshoot
some other problem?

In Microsoft Word, I use an existing template, which is stored in the
Micrososft Templates directory, to create new documents. The template used to
show a custom macros toolbar; but now it no longer appears and isn't even
included in the toolbar list when I right-click in the toolbar area at the
top of the application.

In use: Microsoft Word 2002 (10.5815.6735) SP3
On: Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP2
PC: Intel Pentium III processor 498 MHz, 256 MB of RAM

I don't recall deleting any toolbars from the list; does anyone know about
this issue?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org