Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tiffany tiffany is offline

Default Saving Protection in Word Template

I am creating a template in Office 2003 on a computer with Windows XP. I have
Fields using the Fill in so that when the document is opened popups ask
questions and then it is filled in. I have used the Protect Document from the
Tools menu and selected that comments be allowed to be edited. I have a small
portion of the document that they need to be allowed to edit. I tested it and
it worked fine. However, after emailing it for another co-worker to test it
is now not protected. I have tried protecting it with a password. But after I
save it and close it, and go back in it acts like I never protected it. It
does not even remember the password. I have tried copying it into another
document and this did not work either. No matter how many times I click on
"Yes, Start Enforcing Protection" as soon as I close out and go back in it is
not protected. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Tiffany,

Check in which file format you're saving the document. Are you saving as a "Word
Document (*.doc)" file, or as something else?

[...]

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)