Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Angie C. Angie C. is offline

Default Stop Recording button disappears

Trying to set up my first macro. Creating one to apply document protection
using the following steps:

Protect Document - Restrict Formatting and Editing - Allow Only This Type of
Editing - Filling in Forms - Select Selections - Yes, Start Enforcing
Protection - OK when prompted for password (don't want a password set)

After clicking on "OK" for the password, the Stop Recording button
disappears (no longer available as an option -- can see it but, can't click
on it).

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Angie,

Which version of Word?

FWIW you can turn off protection - both actions will be recorded and you can
just delete the one you don't need...

Trying to set up my first macro. Creating one to apply document protection
using the following steps:

Protect Document - Restrict Formatting and Editing - Allow Only This Type of
Editing - Filling in Forms - Select Selections - Yes, Start Enforcing
Protection - OK when prompted for password (don't want a password set)

After clicking on "OK" for the password, the Stop Recording button
disappears (no longer available as an option -- can see it but, can't click
on it).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Angie C. Angie C. is offline

Cindy - It's a 2003 file that I'm opening with 2007. Tried using 2003 to
record the macro, but that didn't work either.

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi Angie,

Which version of Word?

FWIW you can turn off protection - both actions will be recorded and you can
just delete the one you don't need...

Trying to set up my first macro. Creating one to apply document protection
using the following steps:

Protect Document - Restrict Formatting and Editing - Allow Only This Type of
Editing - Filling in Forms - Select Selections - Yes, Start Enforcing
Protection - OK when prompted for password (don't want a password set)

After clicking on "OK" for the password, the Stop Recording button
disappears (no longer available as an option -- can see it but, can't click
on it).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

The Stop Recording toolbar disappears because the action of protecting the
document for Forms disables recording and stops the current recording. You
will not be able to record further actions till you remove the protection.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

[...]