Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ben Ben is offline

Default Saving files with track changes embedded

How do I change the settings so that I do NOT get the following message: "The
document being saved contains comments and tracked changes. Continue with
save?"

I've looked everywhere in "word options".

This is for MS Office 2007.

Thanks,
Ben
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Ben,

How do I change the settings so that I do NOT get the following message: "The
document being saved contains comments and tracked changes. Continue with
save?"

I've looked everywhere in "word options".

This is for MS Office 2007.

Did this file or user profile originate in 2007, or was has it (either or both)
migrated from an earlier version of Word? I don't find the option in 2007, but I
seem to remember there was one in an earlier version for prompting about
"personal information". I'm wondering if it got turned on then? I wasn't able to
find it in the Word 2007 object model (VBA), but if I have to, I can dig out an
old machine with an earlier version (which?) Installed and see if I can figure
it out...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Ben,

OK, I stumbled across it while looking for something else :-)

In the Word Options, go to the Trust Center, then into the "Trust Center
settings". Select the "Privacy options" and you'll find the checkbox for this in
the "Document specific settings" section.