Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Clare Clare is offline

Default Protecting an image against editing

I am setting up a document to be used as a template for very long,
heavily-formatted documents.

I would like the header and footers (which are comprised of images) I am
using to be protected against editing, and also an image that appears on the
front page only. What I intend is that none of these will be able to be
moved/overtyped/deleted, but I do not think using a form will be appropriate,
since putting in a "text field" means it will be difficult for the end user
to manipulate potentially hundreds of pages of text (i.e. formatting it).

Any suggestions? Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Clare,

I am setting up a document to be used as a template for very long,
heavily-formatted documents.

I would like the header and footers (which are comprised of images) I am
using to be protected against editing, and also an image that appears on the
front page only. What I intend is that none of these will be able to be
moved/overtyped/deleted, but I do not think using a form will be appropriate,
since putting in a "text field" means it will be difficult for the end user
to manipulate potentially hundreds of pages of text (i.e. formatting it).

The options available to you depend very much on the versinon of Word involved,
which you haven't (yet) communicated.

We also need to know if you expect the users would need to work with
(floating) graphics in the document.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org