jj

Default Generating multiple label sheets (8366)

File label 8366 contains 30 labels; the data document I am pulling records
from contains 114 labels. When I execute the mailmerge function, only 30
labels are being generated.

How can I get the merge function to generate all 114 labels without having
to go back in and redefining print area for each sheet of 30 labels?
Anne Troy

It sounds like you're not completing the mail merge. Open your mail merge
file. If you don't see the mail merge toolbar, go to View--Toolbars and
turn it on. Then click the button on that toolbar that says "merge to new
document".
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"jj" wrote in message
File label 8366 contains 30 labels; the data document I am pulling records
from contains 114 labels. When I execute the mailmerge function, only 30
labels are being generated.

How can I get the merge function to generate all 114 labels without having
to go back in and redefining print area for each sheet of 30 labels?

jj

I am reasonably confident I have executed the merge correctly in that the
first time I only generated one label and corrected to complete the entire
sheet of consisting of 30 labels; it simply is not rolling over to a second
and third sheet of labets in order to capture all 114 entries.

Make sense?

"jj" wrote:

File label 8366 contains 30 labels; the data document I am pulling records
from contains 114 labels. When I execute the mailmerge function, only 30
labels are being generated.

How can I get the merge function to generate all 114 labels without having
to go back in and redefining print area for each sheet of 30 labels?

Anne Troy

Sort of, JJ. Do you have any blank rows? It will stop at blank rows. I
couldn't really help more unless I see both files. You're welcome to send to
anne@ either of the websites below.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"jj" wrote:

File label 8366 contains 30 labels; the data document I am pulling

records
from contains 114 labels. When I execute the mailmerge function, only

30
labels are being generated.

How can I get the merge function to generate all 114 labels without

having
to go back in and redefining print area for each sheet of 30 labels?

Doug Robbins

Almost certainly you are NOT executing the merge. From the View menu,
select Toolbars and check the Mail merge item so that the Mail merge toolbar
is display and then with the mail merge main document active, use the button
on the right hand end of the toolbar to execute the merge to a new document
and see what happens.

Also, see the article "Mailmerge Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP Graham
Mayor's website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"jj" wrote:

File label 8366 contains 30 labels; the data document I am pulling

records
from contains 114 labels. When I execute the mailmerge function,
only

30
labels are being generated.

How can I get the merge function to generate all 114 labels without

having
to go back in and redefining print area for each sheet of 30 labels?

Anne Troy

JJ sent her files, and we talked on the phone. Part of the problem is that
her Mail merge toolbar didn't have the ABC preview button. Resetting the
toolbar didn't help either. I sent her instructions to send to her IT guys.
And that's correct---the mail merge wasn't being executed.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"jj" wrote:

File label 8366 contains 30 labels; the data document I am pulling
records
from contains 114 labels. When I execute the mailmerge function,
only
30
labels are being generated.

How can I get the merge function to generate all 114 labels without
having
to go back in and redefining print area for each sheet of 30

labels?

Graham Mayor

sisterginny wrote:
i have the same problem with no rollover to next sheet. What is the
answer?

You have not executed the merge. You must merge to the printer or a new
document.