Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   Report Post  

Default View linked images in draft mode

In order to save space in my big Word documents, when using Word 2003, I changed all my images from "embedded" to "linked."

Now, with Word 2010, I cannot see anything where the image occurs in the document: there are no placeholders (when that option is turned on), there is no link name (when that option is on), there is nothing to indicate the image except a big blank space where it's supposed to go.

In other view modes, the images appear as they should.

So my question is: is there any way to turn on some sort of hidden "display linked images when in draft mode" switch? I can find nothing like that in the normal places one goes to change view and display settings.

Thanks for any help....