Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
alpaca alpaca is offline
Junior Member

Default View linked images in draft mode

In order to save space in my big Word documents, when using Word 2003, I changed all my images from "embedded" to "linked."

Now, with Word 2010, I cannot see anything where the image occurs in the document: there are no placeholders (when that option is turned on), there is no link name (when that option is on), there is nothing to indicate the image except a big blank space where it's supposed to go.

In other view modes, the images appear as they should.

So my question is: is there any way to turn on some sort of hidden "display linked images when in draft mode" switch? I can find nothing like that in the normal places one goes to change view and display settings.

Thanks for any help....