Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
laurabailey8

Default Help! I get an error message every time I try to format a picture

I'm using Word from Office 2004 for Mac. I just downloaded the latest update
but that didn't help. The error message is "The measurement must be between
-22" and 22"." I get this when I try to click on other tabs when I open the
format picture window. It comes up with the transparency window set at 0%.
I tried changing that and it didn't help. Please help me!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Hi Laura -

Two points of info first:

1- This is the newsgroup for the Windows version of Word. For future
reference, you can get better respone for MacWord questions if you go to

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...ac.office.word

2- Use the Subject field for only a short statement of your issue & use the
Message field for all pertinent detail.

Now, as to your questions - You don't say which of several measurement
fields could be producing the error message, but the message means exactly
what it says... you are trying to use a value that is outside the allowable
range for that setting. The maximum paper size for Word is 22" X 22", so
whatever you are trying to change must stay within that limit.

The transparency setting for any image is automatically set to 0%, which
means that it will block out anything you place it on top of. For most images
you can't change that setting. It can be changed if you add a fill color to
the image if it is an appropriate image to do so... not all are. If you can
add a fill color you can then adjust the transparency of the fill. The
tranparency (opacity) of the image, itself, is not affected.

If this doesn't solve your problem, post your question in the MacWord
newsgroup using the above link, and be as accurate as you can about what you
are trying to do.

HTH |:)