Heather Linsk

Default How to supress spelling and grammar errors for certain font style

Is there a way to supress spelling and grammar errors for a user defined font
style?

I defined a font style - MyCode - where I have some c code pasted into a
word document. I want Word to ignore all of the text that is formatted with
this style when it auto spell and grammar checks.

Is this possible?

Heather/
CyberTaz

Hi Heather-

You should only have to use the Spell Check feature once and click Ignore
All for each 'error'. Once you do that the markup will go away in that doc &
never appear again. In fact, running Spell Check again will not pick them up,
either.

HTH |:)

"Heather Linsk" wrote:

Is there a way to supress spelling and grammar errors for a user defined font
style?

I defined a font style - MyCode - where I have some c code pasted into a
word document. I want Word to ignore all of the text that is formatted with
this style when it auto spell and grammar checks.

Is this possible?

Heather/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David Moye David Moye is offline

Default How to supress spelling and grammar errors for certain font st

Is there a way to do something similar for a given font? E.g. I reference
method calls, or keywords in the body text of my document, always in Courier
New, and that's the only thing in Courier New. Can I turn off
spelling/grammar just for the Courier New font?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It's not clear whether this is a paragraph or character style, but in either
case, go to Format | Style | Modify, select Format | Language: "Do not check
spelling or grammar." Then OK out.

"Heather Linsk" wrote in message
Is there a way to supress spelling and grammar errors for a user defined

font
style?

I defined a font style - MyCode - where I have some c code pasted into a
word document. I want Word to ignore all of the text that is formatted

with
this style when it auto spell and grammar checks.

Is this possible?

Heather/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David Moye[_2_] David Moye[_2_] is offline

I accomplished what I wanted by using quick styles. If I tried using
Shft-Ctrl-S and creating a new style and applying it to my selection, it
changed the whole paragraph (not what I wanted). If, instead, I right-clicked
my selection and made a new quick style, I was able to change the style of
just given words/phrases without affecting the containing paragraph. Then it
was just a matter of selecting all of my Courier New words/phrases and making
them my new "Code Text" style.

Hope I answered my own question before too much brain time was expended by
others :-)

David