Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Heathcliff

Default What is ~WRL3337

When I save a file, a duplicate TMP file is also added with the original file
name I save. It is a TMP file and looks something like this ~WRL3337. When I
click it, it opens the file I saved, like a shortcut. I can't delete it. What
is this ghost file or shortcut that automatically appears, and how can I stop
WORD from doing this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TedMi

~ files are created by Word as temporary scratch files while a document is
open. These temp files are automatically deleted when Word is closed
normally, but will stick around if Word crashes, the system crashes, or you
terminate Word with Task Manager. If you find these files lying around WHEN
NO WORD FILES ARE OPEN, you can safely delete them.
--
Ted