Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Heather Heather is offline

Default How do I get the outlines around labels to show up on screen?

Can someone help me solve my dileman please.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Heather wrote:
Can someone help me solve my dilemma please.

Word up to 2003 - tables show gridlines
Word 2007 Table Layout View Gridlines.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Mary is offline

Download the Avery Wizard for an easy fix.

Can someone help me solve my dileman please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I would call that a pretty drastic alternative (and hardly "easy" compared
to Table | Show Gridlines).

"Heather" wrote:

Can someone help me solve my dileman please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Legallisa Legallisa is offline

Word 2007.

When I select Insert Table, my options are to create a table. If I create a
table and Click View, and check gridlines, I get what looks like graph paper.
I just want to see the outline of the labels on a page.

What am I missing here?

LB

"Heather" wrote:

Can someone help me solve my dileman please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You need the Show Gridlines button in the Table Tools Layout ribbon, not
the one in the View ribbon. (The Table Tools appear only when the cursor is
in a table.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I would call that a pretty drastic alternative (and hardly "easy"
compared to Table | Show Gridlines).

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Heather" wrote:

Can someone help me solve my dileman please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Legallisa Legallisa is offline

Okay. I'm in the table and have the Table Tools ribbon.

In Word 2007, however, I have to select Borders | View Gridlines.

Thanks!

LB

"Heather" wrote:

Can someone help me solve my dileman please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
djprius djprius is offline

Legallisa,

Actually, the way Jay gave you works just as well in Word 2007:
There are *two* tabs under the Tables tab, one is "design" and the other
is "layout". Jay described the one under "layout" (as he says). You
chose the one under "design".

Both work fine.

David