tanu

Default Mail merge in word 2000

Hi
I have been trying to do mail merge for sending emails , in Word 2000. But I
cannot find the option of emails when I do merge.
Would appreciate help.
Regards
Tanu
Peter Jamieson

First ensure that your e-mail client
a. is set up to be your default e-mail client (e.g. look at Tools|Internet
Options|Programs in Internet Explorer)
b. is compatible with Word mailmerge - not an easy thing to determine, but
the e-mail package needs to work with MAPI. Outlook, Outlook Express are
usually OK but not many other packages seem to work.

Then try again. If that does not work, Word is probably not finding some
lines you need in
WIN.INI. I would open the WIN.INI file in your Windows directory (probably
c:\Windows
or c:\Winnt) using e.g. Notepad. Check for the following lines (which should
be present in /most/ Windows installations but which may need to be
different in some cases, so proceed with caution). If they aren't there,
make a backup copy of your WIN.INI and try copying/pasting them in:

[Mail]
MAPI=1
CMC=1
CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll