Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
George George is offline

Default Word Email Merge loses style formatting

Hello,
I have a Word 2007 email merge template that uses styles. It appears fine in
Word, but when I email merge it through Outlook 2007, the formatting is
dropped. How can I retain my styles through the mail merge?

Thanks,
George
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The formatting requirements for html e-mail are entirely different from
those of Word document. Check the layout in web view. Plain text e-mail is
simply that - plain text.

If you want the e-mail to reflect your Word document exactly, you will
probably have to send it as an attachment - preferably in PDF format.