Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jim P Jim P is offline

Default Mailmerge into a catalog

Hi,

I am trying to create a catalog. I have prepared an input file. I can do the
mailmerge into a 1 column 1 row table using the directory type of document.
The merge works and produces a merge to a new document that contains pages
with the single cell propagated in 1 column. The problem I have is: I would
like the final product to have 2 columns per page, such that the first column
fills top to bottom then fills the second column top to bottom. How can I add
that second column on the page and fill properly? Thanks, Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Format the mail merge main document so that it has two columns.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jim P" wrote in message
Hi,

I am trying to create a catalog. I have prepared an input file. I can do
the
mailmerge into a 1 column 1 row table using the directory type of
document.
The merge works and produces a merge to a new document that contains pages
with the single cell propagated in 1 column. The problem I have is: I
would
like the final product to have 2 columns per page, such that the first
column
fills top to bottom then fills the second column top to bottom. How can I
add
that second column on the page and fill properly? Thanks, Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

And put the one row table at the top of the first column.
Do you actually need the table if all the info goes in one cell?