Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
huya huya is offline

Default What is the closest font to Times New Roman?

I need a font close to Times New Roman. Any suggestions would be helpful!
Thanks.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: What is the closest font to Times New Roman?

Hey there! If you're looking for a font that is similar to Times New Roman, there are a few options you can try out. Here are some suggestions:
  1. Georgia: This font is very similar to Times New Roman, but has slightly wider letter spacing and larger serifs.
  2. Book Antiqua: This font is also very similar to Times New Roman, but has a slightly more condensed look.
  3. Palatino: This font has a similar feel to Times New Roman, but has a slightly more modern look with thinner serifs.

To change the font in Microsoft Word, simply highlight the text you want to change and then select the font you want from the drop-down menu in the Home tab. You can also adjust the font size and other formatting options from this menu.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What's wrong with Times New Roman? It's a VERY common font.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"huya" wrote in message
I need a font close to Times New Roman. Any suggestions would be helpful!
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Any other font named Times (such as CG Times) will be the most similar.

"huya" wrote in message
I need a font close to Times New Roman. Any suggestions would be helpful!
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Here are 3: Georgia, Accord SF and Baskerville Old Face.
--
Rae Drysdale

"huya" wrote:

I need a font close to Times New Roman. Any suggestions would be helpful!
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I was thinking the same thing. I can't figure out why someone would need a
font "similar" to TNR when they could just use TNR.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Those are all standard serif fonts, but none is particularly like Times
New
Roman.

so
all may benefit.

"huya" wrote:

I need a font close to Times New Roman. Any suggestions would be

helpful!
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Those are all standard serif fonts, but none is particularly like
Times New Roman.

Well, Georgia is probably the most available serif font after TNR.
Here are some more "transitional" serif fonts:
http://www.fontscape.com/explore?8CB

Klaus

"huya" wrote:

I need a font close to Times New Roman. Any suggestions would be

helpful!
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The font metrics of Georgia at a given point size are very different from
TNR, however.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Those are all standard serif fonts, but none is particularly like Times
New
Roman.

newsgroup
so