Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Marcus Marcus is offline

Default €śMail Merge to E-mail with Attachments€ť skipping files?

I am having trouble with the Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments VB Script
written by Doug Robbins located he

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

My problem is that when I run the macro only the final file in my table of
attachments gets included in the sent emails. At first I thought it was
likely to be a problem with either my file names or the file type so I mixed
them up in the table and the problem remains with the files in the last
column being picked up regardless of extension.

If any one has any idea on how to fix this I would appreciate your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" skipping files?

Can you provide some more information about your "table of attachments"

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"marcus" wrote in message
I am having trouble with the Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments VB
Script
written by Doug Robbins located he

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

My problem is that when I run the macro only the final file in my table of
attachments gets included in the sent emails. At first I thought it was
likely to be a problem with either my file names or the file type so I
mixed
them up in the table and the problem remains with the files in the last
column being picked up regardless of extension.

If any one has any idea on how to fix this I would appreciate your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Marcus Marcus is offline

Hi Doug,
The table of attachments was created using a directory mail merge, with
email in the first column, a pdf file in the second and a word document in
the third column. When it didnt work the first time around I swapped some
of the files around ie word file with a pdf and that has made no difference.
The file is saved in a doc file.

I have also checked that the code is cycling through the table by adding a
MsgBox to read out the file name currently being handled and both files get
picket up but only the last one gets included in the mail.

For i = 2 To Maillist.Tables(1).Columns.Count
Set Datarange = Maillist.Tables(1).Cell(j, i).Range
' Line added below
MsgBox "Datarange is " & Datarange.Text
Datarange.End = Datarange.End - 1
oItem.Attachments.Add Trim(Datarange.Text), olByValue, 2
Next i

I am a bit stumped!

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Marcus,

Are you sure that the path\filenames of all of the attachments are one
hundred percent correct? 99.9999% is not good enough. Just one space in
the wrong place or one space too many in a path\filename with spaces will
cause the attachment to be ignored.

--

"marcus" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Kaffee Kaffee is offline

Hi Doug,

I got the same problem with Marcus, I have about 7xx emails but only the
first 150 email is with attachments and the others do not have any
attachment. But within the 150 emails with attachment, part of them with the
correct names merged into the email.

I am sure the path of the attachments are correct since I just do the copy
and paste to all the records.

Please help.