Carol

Default Background Color

Is there a way to customize a background color for Word documents ? (Word
2003) Under "tools" and "options" you can specify a blue background with
white font and make that a default. Or you can choose a fill effect under
"format" "background." Can you set the fill effect as a default?

Jay Freedman

Carol wrote:
Is there a way to customize a background color for Word documents ?
(Word 2003) Under "tools" and "options" you can specify a blue
background with white font and make that a default. Or you can
choose a fill effect under "format" "background." Can you set the
fill effect as a default?

Although you *could* add a background to the Normal.dot template by using
the methods in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm, that
article also explains why it would be a Really Bad IdeaT. Instead, create a
template for the particular kind of document you want this for (letters?
memos?) and put the background in that template. When you base new documents
on the template, the background will appear.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman