Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CarolaDubner

Default envelop misprint

I've been printing envelopes for quite a while, but am having trouble
positioning and printing with my HP Deeskjet 895cse in Word 2000 on custom
size envelopes that are 8.9 X 5.75" (envelopes specifically made to hold a
letter size piece of paper foleded in half). I've set the custom size and
got the address showing in the window, and moved the left and top setting to
allow plenty of room for rthe address, but it still moves part of the first
line to the second, and doesn't print the third line at all! What's
particularly weired is that there's still plenty of room on the envelop to
print the address.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Carol
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

Envelope addresses are constrained by the frame that is part of the
EnvelopeAddress paragraph style - see
http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm
You would may be better avoiding the use of custom sizes and simply use the
nearest standard size (#10?) positioning the frame so that it prints in the
right place. Word does not know or care what size the envelope you use
actually is.