Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
AzmL AzmL is offline
Junior Member

Default [SOLVED] Wildcard and placeholders

Hi there,

I am doing a find and replace exercise using wildcards.
I have MS Office Professional 2010.

I want to replace "Section X" by "Chapter X" (X being a number from 0 to 9)

Here is what I have inputed into the Find and Replace box:
Find what: Section ([0-9])
Replace with: Chapter \1

Curiously, "Section X" is replaced by "X Chapter" (the number appears BEFORE Chapter).
Is this a bug? I have been using wildcard several times and never faced such a behaviour.

Many thanks

Last edited by AzmL : February 14th 13 at 05:30 PM