Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary E. Erickson

Default Virus scan on open

I disabled the "Enable Office Plug-in" but that did not help.
I have Word 2002. Everytime I open Word, it takes several minutes; when I
close Word it also takes about 3-4 minutes. This has only been happening in
the last month. What else can I do?
Mary Erickson

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This is coming from NAV. Disable its Office Plug-in (which doesn't add
anything to the protection you get with Auto-Protect enabled).

"Jimbo" wrote in message
When trying to open a .doc file, word takes a long time, and there is a

msg.
at the bottom "requesting virus scan". Running Word 2002 SP3, XP-SP1,

Norton
2002. I have Word blocked, so it does NOT penetrate through my ZoneAlarm

fire
wall (can't sit here sucking my lollipop while Word is chasing links all

day
long, LOL). This has been my setup for a while now, except that I don't
recall this virus scan on Word start-up before. Any of you know how to

turn
this virus scan feature off so Word gets down to business quicker?
Tkx Jimbo