DayStar

Default How do I get the curosr to stay visible while I type?

I used to use a previous version of word, 2000 or 2002 I think, and I just
upgraded to 2003. WHen I type in a document, the cursor/mouse pointer
disappears and I have to wiggle the mouse for about 5 seconds before it
appears again and even when it does, it takes my eyes time to locate it
because it could be anywhere on the screen by that point. It is taking
considerable time and convenience away from me as I try to finish my thesis,
which is really frustrating. Can someone tell me how to turn that function
off? I want the mouse to be completely visible at all times. I already turned
that function off in the control panel, in the mouse settings, but somehow
Word seems to be overriding it and I can't figure out what to do in Word to
remedy this!