Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   Report Post  

Default Multi-coloured text in TOC possible?

Hi, I'm new to the forum - hope you can help me out!

I have a document that was originally English but has been translated into Chinese. However it has been done so that it is now a bilingual document, with the translated text inserted below each paragraph using a manual line break to separate the English text from the Chinese text. The Chinese text has then been formatted with a blue font colour to make the document visually easier to read.

I have applied the \X switch in the TOC field to recognise the line breaks in the TOC, so the TOC is displayed with the Chinese heading text underneath the English heading text as per the main body of the document.

However, the TOC only displays the Chinese text in black, despite it being formatted blue in the headings. Is there any way to display this in the TOC so the English text in the heading is black and the Chinese text is blue?