Frustrated Secretary

Default After using underscore, how do I eliminate automatic line at bott.

I am using Word 2000. I am creating a centered title, return, and then use
the underscore key to draw a line the full width of the page. However, Word
wants to change the underscore to a different type of line which I cannot
eliminate. I can use the return key and move it down the page, but I cannot
eliminate it. When I reach the bottom of the page, if I use Ctrl-enter to
make a page break, Word again enters that stupid line. How can I stop this,
and how can I eliminate the lines it has already created????
Greg Maxey

See:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...tRidOfLine.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Frustrated Secretary wrote:
I am using Word 2000. I am creating a centered title, return, and
then use the underscore key to draw a line the full width of the
page. However, Word wants to change the underscore to a different
type of line which I cannot eliminate. I can use the return key and
move it down the page, but I cannot eliminate it. When I reach the
bottom of the page, if I use Ctrl-enter to make a page break, Word
again enters that stupid line. How can I stop this, and how can I
eliminate the lines it has already created????

jem01354

Default After using underscore, how do I eliminate automatic line at b

To get rid of it click in your title then go to Format Borders and Shading
in the preview window you should see a bottom border line; click on it (to
remove it), then click OK. To stop it happening again go to Tools
AutoCorrect Autoformat as you type and deselect Borders.

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

See:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...tRidOfLine.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tips.htm
For some helpful tips using Word.

Frustrated Secretary wrote:
I am using Word 2000. I am creating a centered title, return, and
then use the underscore key to draw a line the full width of the
page. However, Word wants to change the underscore to a different
type of line which I cannot eliminate. I can use the return key and
move it down the page, but I cannot eliminate it. When I reach the
bottom of the page, if I use Ctrl-enter to make a page break, Word
again enters that stupid line. How can I stop this, and how can I
eliminate the lines it has already created????

What I am saying is that you posted a reply that unnecessarily provided (a
portion of) the answer already provided. By posting a reply to Greg's post
(rather than to the original question post), you suggest that Greg's post is
inadequate.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did you look at the referenced article? This is just what it says.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

[...]

jem01354

With respect, Suzanne, my reply was to Frustrated Secretarys final
question How can I stop this, and how can I eliminate the lines it has
already created???? I fixed it in one paragraph.

The article that Greg referred to is very good (and far from inadequate) and
I see why you are questioning my reply. However, in my defence, and speaking
on behalf of frustrated secretaries everywhere, when you just need someone to
tell you how to fix a problem, too much information can be well, too much.

I hope I havent offended you in any way. The silly thing is that
Frustrated Secretary is probably now happily typing away and totally
oblivious to what she/he has started.