Jim Hanson

Default can't get word 2000 to work with outlook express

i want to mail merge emails to outlook express from within ms word but it
won't work on this computer (my office computer).

my home computer (with windows xp pro, ms word 2000 and outlook
express--exact same versions as i have now) does this fine--zero problem. my
previous school computer did this email merge no problem either.

i am not using the outlook express address book as part of this merge (and
never have). but, i still keep getting this error message:
"you must log on to microsoft exchange to access your address book"

i have reset the default email program to outlook express. i installed and
used mail merge using word and outlook (which worked but of course gave me
those blasted confirmation of each email messages). no change. i uninstalled
outlook. no change.

i did have office 2003 on this computer but removed it and installed office
2000. that is the only difference i can think of--i've checked multiple
settings on my home and office computer to see if there is a difference and
there isn't at least that i can see.

please help. i fear i am going to have to reinstall my entire computer as i
have to have this functionality as i do e-mail merges frequently to hundreds
of people.

jim

--
jim hanson