Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luke Williams Luke Williams is offline

Default Title Styles and TOC problems

Hi,

My Title 1 style does not contain a number or letter (and Word assumes that
when first applied, it assigns number 1, which is what I want). When I apply
a Title 2, the first title will be 1. Title 3 will give me: 1.1 - all this
is fine.

My problem is when I assign a new Title 1 then a Title 2, the Title 2 does
not restart the numbering and I cannot make it restart (it's greyed out).
Title 2 is supposed to restart after a Title 1 is applied BUIT it doesn't....

Hope I am not confusing anyone here and sure hope someone can tell me what
to do.

I can cheat but then these Title 2 will not be generated in my Table of
Content....

Thanks,

L.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you have set up your outline numbering according to
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html so that
Headings 1-3 are all part of the same outline-numbered list, there should be
no problem.

"Luke Williams" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luke Williams Luke Williams is offline

Hi,

I actually read the article yet even though I set everything up according to
the text. I even make the modifications only when the cursor is set inside a
Header 1. Unfortunately (for me), my Word is in French and I do not know
what is the exact translation for Outline numbering... I think it might be
"hiérarchisation" but... I will look around a bit more.

Thanks,

Luke