Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rina Rina is offline

Default Toolbars - entries proliferating

Using Windows 2003 Server; Word 2003 for Windows; EndNote 6; Acrobat 6

I have a problem with an expanding toolbar - possibly related to Acrobat.
I have 6 "Continue Integration Process' across the the whole toolbar.
Clicking on any of these gives an error message the macro cannot be found or
has been disabled. On the templates and add-ins, I have
Document template : Normal
Global templates
EN6CWYW.dot (ticked)
PDFMakerA.dot (ticked)
EN6Cwyw.wll (ticked)

Te proliferating toolbat seems to be slowing down any chenges to the document.

??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The problem will occur if you have conflicting add-ins that both want to
write to the same part of the toolbar. Acrobat's add-in programming is poor

Changing the way the add-ins load may help - see if
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm helps.

Rina wrote:
Using Windows 2003 Server; Word 2003 for Windows; EndNote 6; Acrobat 6

I have a problem with an expanding toolbar - possibly related to
Acrobat.
I have 6 "Continue Integration Process' across the the whole toolbar.
Clicking on any of these gives an error message the macro cannot be
found or has been disabled. On the templates and add-ins, I have
Document template : Normal
Global templates
EN6CWYW.dot (ticked)
PDFMakerA.dot (ticked)
EN6Cwyw.wll (ticked)

Te proliferating toolbat seems to be slowing down any chenges to the
document.

??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rina Rina is offline

Thank you - how do I install the downloaded template (do I remove the
comments) and do I store it as a file (of what kind) by saving it? or what?

Rina wrote:
Using Windows 2003 Server; Word 2003 for Windows; EndNote 6; Acrobat 6

I have a problem with an expanding toolbar - possibly related to
Acrobat.
I have 6 "Continue Integration Process' across the the whole toolbar.
Clicking on any of these gives an error message the macro cannot be
found or has been disabled. On the templates and add-ins, I have
Document template : Normal
Global templates
EN6CWYW.dot (ticked)
PDFMakerA.dot (ticked)
EN6Cwyw.wll (ticked)

Te proliferating toolbat seems to be slowing down any chenges to the
document.

??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Do you mean ZapAdobe.dot from that web page? That is downloaded as a zip
file which you need to unzip into the Word startup folder - as indicated on
the web page. There are other methods of control there that you need to
investigate also. I would think the plan C approach might serve you best.