Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cmb cmb is offline

Default bottom portion of text cutoff in a table

For those letters that extend below the "footline" (ie., g, y, p), I am
wondering if there is a way to have the letters fully desplay even though
they pass over the bottom border of the cell, rather than being cutoff if the
text size is too large to display in the cell. I would like to use the
bottom border of a cell as the line for fill in the blanks. It looks odd to
resize the row to be taller and having the blank line for input below the
bottom of a y rather than where an underline normally would fall.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

No, everything in a table cell must be inside the cell; there's no way
to have anything "pass over" the border.

There are other ways to make fill-in lines besides table borders:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman