Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Chris Stammers Chris Stammers is offline

Default Price per day - Word 2000

Hello,

I have to work out a 'pence per day' figure in a merge. I have come up with
this formula - could someone tell me if it looks right please?

{ = ({ MERGEFIELD myamount }/30) * 100 \#"00p" }

Thanks,
Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Assuming you're starting with a "pounds&pence per month" figure it looks OK
to me. You only really need "00p" if you always want at least two digits
before the "p". If you're happy with 1p, 23p, 456p, you should be able to
use "0p".

Peter Jamieson

"Chris Stammers" wrote in message
news
Hello,

I have to work out a 'pence per day' figure in a merge. I have come up
with
this formula - could someone tell me if it looks right please?

{ = ({ MERGEFIELD myamount }/30) * 100 \#"00p" }

Thanks,
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Chris Stammers Chris Stammers is offline

Thanks Peter. Is that always the case with 'pence' formatting? It will always
only ever need to be 15p or 20p - 2 digit amounts anyway. In one of my last
questions, you gave me the formula to take the decimal point away and just
leave the 'pence'. Can I apply your detail below to that query as well?

Thanks,
Chris

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Assuming you're starting with a "pounds&pence per month" figure it looks OK
to me. You only really need "00p" if you always want at least two digits
before the "p". If you're happy with 1p, 23p, 456p, you should be able to
use "0p".

Peter Jamieson

"Chris Stammers" wrote in message
news
Hello,

I have to work out a 'pence per day' figure in a merge. I have come up
with
this formula - could someone tell me if it looks right please?

{ = ({ MERGEFIELD myamount }/30) * 100 \#"00p" }

Thanks,
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Yes, if you have \#"0" it just means "always have at least one digit"

Can I apply your detail below to that query as well?

Yes. These switches are all covered in Word Help, at least in Word 2003.