Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
57chevy 57chevy is offline

Default Unknown Email Attachments in Word?

I am somewhat new to Word, but I know how to create basic letters and
documents. I recently had to upgrade my resume with Word and send it (using
OE) to a potential employer. I always send a BCC to myself so I can see what
the recipient will get. When I opened my copy of the email, much to my
surprise, there were two attachments with it. One was a .wmz application,
which turned out to be a skin from Windows Media Player, the other was a
oledata.mso attachment. I was not able to open the latter to see what it was.
I went back and looked everywhere I could to find out how this happened, but
was stumped. I'm sure this is something that can be fixed with a minor
setting, but I don't know what to do. I don't like the idea of sending
something that may have an attachment which may lead to someone seeing
something they have no business seeing. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Chevy

57chevy wrote:
I am somewhat new to Word, but I know how to create basic letters and
documents. I recently had to upgrade my resume with Word and send it (using
OE) to a potential employer. I always send a BCC to myself so I can see what
the recipient will get. When I opened my copy of the email, much to my
surprise, there were two attachments with it. One was a .wmz application,
which turned out to be a skin from Windows Media Player, the other was a
oledata.mso attachment. I was not able to open the latter to see what it was.
I went back and looked everywhere I could to find out how this happened, but
was stumped. I'm sure this is something that can be fixed with a minor
setting, but I don't know what to do. I don't like the idea of sending
something that may have an attachment which may lead to someone seeing
something they have no business seeing. Thanks

I'd try a newsgroup for OE.

As a side remark: unless specifically asked for *.doc, I'd never send
out a resume as a Word file. To get a stable layout independent of
machine, installation, fonts, printer driver, your best bet is a
(well-created) PDF file.

Greetinx
Robert
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
57chevy 57chevy is offline

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hi Chevy

57chevy wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the advice Robert. I'll make the appropriate changes.