Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
homeforth homeforth is offline

Default How do I convert a docx file into a txt file in Word 2007

We are using Word 2007 with Windows XP. This software does not allow us to
save documents as a plain text file. This results in a number of people being
unable to open the files, although the company I do some work for has no
problems opening a compatibility mode document. Any one any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

My copy of Word 2007 allows it. Is Plain Text (*.txt) really not in your
list of save file types? What options do you have?

I'm afraid I don't understand what you are saying about compatibility, nor
why you actually want to save as plain text.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"homeforth" wrote in message
We are using Word 2007 with Windows XP. This software does not allow us to
save documents as a plain text file. This results in a number of people
being
unable to open the files, although the company I do some work for has no
problems opening a compatibility mode document. Any one any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
homeforth homeforth is offline

My husband wants to send Word documents for addition to a web site and has
been told to save them as plain text. And no, Word 2007 on the desktop
machine does not allow us to save to plain text, although it does on my
laptop, which is strange.

"homeforth" wrote:

We are using Word 2007 with Windows XP. This software does not allow us to
save documents as a plain text file. This results in a number of people being
unable to open the files, although the company I do some work for has no
problems opening a compatibility mode document. Any one any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

homeforth wrote:
My husband wants to send Word documents for addition to a web site and has
been told to save them as plain text. And no, Word 2007 on the desktop
machine does not allow us to save to plain text, although it does on my
laptop, which is strange.

you don't have that option under Office button | Save as | Other formats?

I'd check setup to see if/what exactly's been excluded (I checked here
and didn't find anything that led me to believe I could setup
Office/Word without that option).

HTH
Robert
--