Daniel R. Young

Default Macro to Delete Tables

I have a word document linked to and excel document. I have tables in the
word document that represent data in the excell document. I would like it if
the cell says no or n/a, that the table would be deleted from the word
document so I can minimize the number of pages and only have the yes

Can someone assist me in creating a marco for this?

thank you,

Daniel R. Young

macropod

Hello Daniel,

Since you're using a linked Excel worksheet, why not hide/delete the rows
that meet your criteria in Excel itself? If you name the source range in
Excel, then use that name in the Word link, the results in Word will carry
over the same appearance (i.e. hidden/deleted rows in Excel will be
hidden/deleted in Word too).

In answer to your question, if you embed an Excel worksheet, as opposed to
linking to one, then it is possible to hide or delete rows that meet your
criteria just as you can in Excel. But, with the worksheet no longer linked,
updates in Excel won't automatically be reflected in Word.

"macropod" wrote:

Daniel,

You can't do that with a linked table in Word.

Cheers

"Daniel R. Young" wrote in

message
I have a word document linked to and excel document. I have tables in

the
word document that represent data in the excell document. I would

like it
if
the cell says no or n/a, that the table would be deleted from the word
document so I can minimize the number of pages and only have the yes

Can someone assist me in creating a marco for this?

thank you,

Daniel R. Young

Recording a Macro to Delete A Day's Work Teri D MT New Users 14 September 23rd 21 09:44 PM
Table in a Form HiDbLevel Tables 12 February 27th 06 12:59 PM
Word Documents containing tables are disappearing (delete themsel. Meta Tables 1 February 23rd 05 09:48 PM
How do I set up a macro to delete extra returns? Pickibikie Microsoft Word Help 1 February 18th 05 05:14 PM
2000 to 2002 macro and "Could not open macro storage" Art Farrell Mailmerge 1 December 6th 04 12:40 PM