Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ray L. Ray L. is offline

Default why does my cursor start at the bottom?

Somehow a setting got changed and now everytime I open a new document the
cursor starts at the bottom and moves towards the top when you hit enter. How
do I get it back to top left like normal? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

Ray:

Try File Page Setup Layout Vertical Alignment = Top

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ray L.[_2_] Ray L.[_2_] is offline

Bear,
Thanks for the tip but now its giving me an alert about the "increasing
right margin and won't let me apply it. Forgot to say this is 2003 version.

"Bear" wrote:

Ray:

Try File Page Setup Layout Vertical Alignment = Top

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

Ray:

I don't know what to tell you. There's something amiss with your page
layout. The right margin message may or may not be related to the Vertical
Alignment selection. Word may simply be detecting the margin setting error
because you're attempting to update the page layout in the first place.

If you want to return to the "out-of-the-box" settings, you could locate and
rename your Normal.dot file to Normaldot.backup (or just delete the file, if
you don't need to save any customizations) and let Word recreate Normal.dot
when you start and end your next session.

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ray L.[_2_] Ray L.[_2_] is offline

Bear,

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate your tips.

"Bear" wrote:

Ray:

I don't know what to tell you. There's something amiss with your page
layout. The right margin message may or may not be related to the Vertical
Alignment selection. Word may simply be detecting the margin setting error
because you're attempting to update the page layout in the first place.

If you want to return to the "out-of-the-box" settings, you could locate and
rename your Normal.dot file to Normaldot.backup (or just delete the file, if
you don't need to save any customizations) and let Word recreate Normal.dot
when you start and end your next session.

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

Ray:

You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback.

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The "increasing right margin" error message has nothing (much) to do with
the alignment. Close the Page Setup dialog for now and go to Format |
Columns. Click on the preview picture for One (even if 1 column is already
selected), then OK. That should do the trick. If your cursor is still at the
bottom, you should now be able to go back to Page Setup and set the vertical
alignment to Top.

news

"Bear" wrote:

Ray:

Try File Page Setup Layout Vertical Alignment = Top

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ray L.[_2_] Ray L.[_2_] is offline

Suzanne,

That worked!!!! Thanks a bunch!!!

"Bear" wrote:

Ray:

Try File Page Setup Layout Vertical Alignment = Top

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Glad it worked for you. Thanks for the feedback.

"Ray L." wrote in message
Suzanne,

That worked!!!! Thanks a bunch!!!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The "increasing right margin" error message has nothing (much) to do

with
the alignment. Close the Page Setup dialog for now and go to Format |
Columns. Click on the preview picture for One (even if 1 column is

already
selected), then OK. That should do the trick. If your cursor is still at

the
bottom, you should now be able to go back to Page Setup and set the

vertical
alignment to Top.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.