Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michelle Michelle is offline

Default Show/Hide and Hidden Text

I work with documents that have hidden text. When I am editing these
documents and go to put a page break where there is some hidden text, it
turns the show/hide fields on. My question is if there is a setting
somewhere to get this to stop happening.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PJY PJY is offline

I believe it automatically turns on because of the setting in tools. If you
prefer to work without the show/hide on try this:
Go to Tools, then Options, click on the View tab and in the area which reads
Formatting marks, click on hidden text. You will now always see hidden text
with or without the show/hide turning on.
Hope that helps

"Michelle" wrote:

I work with documents that have hidden text. When I am editing these
documents and go to put a page break where there is some hidden text, it
turns the show/hide fields on. My question is if there is a setting
somewhere to get this to stop happening.

Watermark is hidden behind text on one page only, how to show it? Scottishkiwi Microsoft Word Help 2 May 6th 23 08:50 PM
Show/Hide Text Matthew256 Page Layout 1 January 26th 07 11:46 AM
Can I Show/ Hide Hidden text by Section editor Microsoft Word Help 2 October 12th 06 10:22 AM
Way to hide text without hidden text font? [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 6 December 11th 05 10:53 PM
Show/Hide text Susan New Users 2 December 1st 04 06:49 PM