Help... master page, different second page.. I'm lost

Old November 16th 18, 06:45 PM
rickwtexas rickwtexas is offline

Default Help... master page, different second page.. I'm lost

I was able to create the first page with master and footer elements, with a second page that just has footer elements. But when we type on the first page every return creates a new second page that mirrors the first page.

What did I do wrong?
Old November 16th 18, 10:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

Did you forget to move your cursor out of the Header field back into the
Text field? Move to the lower part of the page and double-click.

Old November 17th 18, 02:45 PM
rickwtexas rickwtexas is offline

yes, I placed the cursor on page, returned til I get to the bottom, then do the section breaks the way Word online guide says to. Should I create a text box instead?
Old November 17th 18, 04:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

How can anyone answer that, since you haven't said what you're trying to
accomplish?

This is your first mention of section breaks. When you add a section break,
it inherits the properties of the previous section. If you want something
different, you have to tell it not to carry over the properties from the
previous section. That's in the Header tabs of the Ribbon.