How to extract email addresses from a word document

Old May 24th 17, 01:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

Default How to extract email addresses from a word document

On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 7:27:18 PM UTC+5:30, Lisa Wilke-Thissen wrote:
Hi Rodney,

I have been looking at away to extract
email addresses from a word documents.

Are those addresses formatted as hyperlinks? Or is it just text?

[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}\@[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}
"Use wildcards" and "Highlight all items found."

I use word 2010 and the instructions
work perfectly, the email addresses are
highlighted.

From that point I am unable to select the
email addresses copying them and pasting
them into a separate document.

You must *not* choose "Reading Highlight". Instead press the button "Find
In" to choose "Main Document".

--
Cheers,
Lisa

On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 7:27:18 PM UTC+5:30, Lisa Wilke-Thissen wrote:
Hi Rodney,

I have been looking at away to extract
email addresses from a word documents.

Are those addresses formatted as hyperlinks? Or is it just text?

[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}\@[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}
"Use wildcards" and "Highlight all items found."

I use word 2010 and the instructions
work perfectly, the email addresses are
highlighted.

From that point I am unable to select the
email addresses copying them and pasting
them into a separate document.

You must *not* choose "Reading Highlight". Instead press the button "Find
In" to choose "Main Document".

--
Cheers,
Lisa

Wow! Awesome. I'm just surprised this is found in a Google Group
Old May 24th 17, 06:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SafeTex

Hello

I just tested this suggestion and have to say that the results for email addresses was poor. The problem is that some email addresses may have hyphens, dots between names etc and the software missed loads of email addresses.
What I normally use is Text Crawler but you have to know regular expressions to capture what you want
Regards
Old January 25th 18, 06:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

Sweeeet! Very helpful.
Update for MS Word 2016: 4. Find in - Main Document
Old January 26th 18, 04:37 AM
shawn8 shawn8 is offline

Originally Posted by Lisa Wilke-Thissen View Post
Hi Rodney,

I have been looking at away to extract
email addresses from a word documents.
Yahoo mail login

Are those addresses formatted as hyperlinks? Or is it just text?

[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}\@[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}
"Use wildcards" and "Highlight all items found."

I use word 2010 and the instructions
work perfectly, the email addresses are
highlighted.

From that point I am unable to select the
email addresses copying them and pasting
them into a separate document.

You must *not* choose "Reading Highlight". Instead press the button "Find
In" to choose "Main Document".

--
Cheers,
Lisa
It works perfectly
Old May 13th 18, 04:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

Try Free Demo: http://www.kmttech.com/microsoft-off...extractor.html
Old July 22nd 18, 07:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Wednesday, 2 October 2013 11:10:43 UTC+5:30, RodneyB wrote:
I have been looking at away to extract email addresses from a word
documents. I came across a thread in this forum answered by Graham
Mayor
where comprehensive instructions are given to do this.

1. Use Ctrl+C to copy the search term below:

[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}\@[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}

2. Use Ctrl+V to paste it into the "Find what" box in the Find dialog.

3. Click More to display the rest of the dialog; check the boxes for
"Use
wildcards" and "Highlight all items found."

4. Find All.

5. Click on the title bar of the document to return the focus to the
document.

6. Press Ctrl+C to copy all the highlighted email addresses.

7. Open a new document and Paste.

I use word 2010 and the instructions work perfectly, the email addresses
are highlighted.

From that point I am unable to select the email addresses copying them
and pasting them into a separate document. Can some one assist me from
that point.

I think from point 5. above is where I have a challenge.

Many thanks

Rodney

--
RodneyB

Hi Rodney,

You may check the link below to slove your problem. I think it will 100% work.

https://www.fromsovan.com/2018/07/ho...-document.html

Old December 24th 18, 11:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 1:40:43 AM UTC-4, RodneyB wrote:
[...]

From that point I am unable to select the email addresses copying them
and pasting them into a separate document. Can some one assist me from
that point.

I think from point 5. above is where I have a challenge.

Many thanks

Rodney

--
RodneyB

Hi Rodney,

I could't be able to copy the mail Id's which are having full stop in the middle of the Email Address. Could you suggest me the best way to solve this.

Thanks
Yash