HELP! Un-editable Carriage Returns in Footnotes

Old November 10th 17, 09:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

Default HELP! Un-editable Carriage Returns in Footnotes

On Sunday, November 5, 2017 at 1:33:38 PM UTC-7, Peter T. Daniels wrote:
You can't "delete" a footnote separator. You can only edit it.

The paragraph marks you can't delete are the marks marking the ends of footnotes.

You need to find in the text the places where there are footnotes even if (somehow)
their reference-numbers have disappeared.

On Sunday, November 5, 2017 at 1:10:48 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Not working for me - been to draft view, deleted the footnote separator and still have a paragraph mark before, after and even sometimes in the middle and when I try to delete them it tells me its an invalid request

Peter, you're amazing. Thank you sir!
Old November 15th 17, 03:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Friday, November 30, 2012 at 11:53:35 AM UTC-8, Maura wrote:
I have carriage returns in all my footnotes, after the footnote
separator bar (2 carriage returns) and before the footnotes. All
footnotes are like this as if the formatting is corrupted. I can delete
them all and put them all back in with the same format. I can change
everything except I cannot select or backup over, or anyway delete those
pesky horrific carriage returns. Help! I have to deliver this document
in 2 hours!

--
Maura

I wish this would work. I've been fighting with it for days. As soon as I touch Footnote Separator the footnotes disappear. I have a MacBook Pro, Yosemite, 10.10.
Old December 22nd 18, 08:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

Still an awesome solution at the end of 2018! Thanks.....