Print job only prints on half of A4 instead of full page?

Old August 26th 06, 06:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul G

Default Print job only prints on half of A4 instead of full page?

I have gone into the word document, file, page set-up, margins. is this what
you are referring to? I have been in this and there is a square button that
you can click - these are
mirror margins and 2 pages per sheet. both do not have ticks. Is there
another area I should be looking at because i cannot find this option
anywhere else

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There is no radio button for this selection. It is one of the items in the
dropdown list next to "Multiple pages." This selection should be set to
"Normal." This selection is found on the Margins tab of the File | Page
Setup dialog. The dialogs you are citing are the File | Print dialog and the
printer Properties dialog.

"Paul G" wrote in message
The 2 pages radio button is not ticked

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Neither of these sounds like the setting I was referring to on the

Margins
tab of the Page Setup dialog.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Paul G" wrote in message
Hi Suzanne,

Sorry for not getiting back to you sooner but I have been on holiday.

have
checked properties and it is on a single page.

On the print page it currently states;

Page Range: All
no of copies: 1
Print what: Document
Scale to paper size: no scaling
Pages per sheet: 1
Print: All pages in range
Collate : No tick
Print to file: no tick

In properties under the paper file:

Paper size: A4 210.00 x 297.00 mm
Orientation: Portrait
Colour / Mono: Auto
Copies: 1
Banner Printiin & Enlarge / Reduce: No tick

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If this is a single-page document, make sure you don't have "2 pages

per
sheet" selected in Page Setup (not the one in the Print dialog).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Paul G" wrote in message
In printer properties under Device settings it is set as Manual

feed
A4
210 x
297 mm.

when I go to print it states in scale to paper size 'No Scaling' I
have
changed this mto A4 210 x 297 mm as well and I get the same type

of
print
job.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Check your printer Properties to see if you have some scaling

option
set
there.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Paul G" wrote in message
Hi Suzanne,

I am using Word 2000 and this has been occuring since I

purchased
new
PC.
Whenever I print a word document I go to Print Preview and

the
document
looks fine. However when I print it only prints the whole

document
on
half
of
the page.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you printing from Word 2007 beta or an earlier version?

Is
Track
Changes
enabled?

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to

the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Paul G" Paul wrote in message
Hi, everytime I try and print a word document it only

prints
on
half
of an
A4
page instead of the full page. Even though print preview

shows
the
document
to cover the full page? Can someone help:-)

Old September 2nd 06, 09:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Val

If anyone finds a solution to this problem i would like to know i have tried
everything and also have same problem

Old October 20th 06, 08:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob S

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:13:02 -0700, Paul G Paul
wrote:

Hi, everytime I try and print a word document it only prints on half of an A4
page instead of the full page. Even though print preview shows the document
to cover the full page? Can someone help:-)

Is this a laser printer? Printing half a page is a typical symptom of
insufficient printer memory when printing graphics. Since you
mentioned elsewhere that it started happening after you got a new PC,
you could try the following:

See whether the printer driver needs an update.

See whether your printer has enough memory; 1M should be enough for
text; you may need 4M for graphics.

Check whether "Print TrueType Fonts as Graphics" has accidentally
gotten set. If your printer has this feature, you can find it by
opening Printers and Faxes, right-clicking the printer icon and
selecting Printing Preferences, click the Advanced button, and look
under Document Options. This should probably be turned off unless you
need it for some good reason.

Check out "Page Protect". Look under Printers and Faxes, right-click
the printer icon and select Properties, look on the Device Settings
tab. Try turning it on, if your printer has it. This makes sure that
the entire page is shipped to the printer before printing starts. This
can help if you have a slow connection to the printer.

More background:

In general, adding more memory does not speed up printing; it can
allow more complex jobs to be printed. It may allow the CPU to get the
job moved to the printer sooner (i.e. out of the queue). On the other
hand, RAM can be very inexpensive these days.

The CPU sends the job (preferably at least one page of it) to the
printer, where it sits in printer memory. The job might include text,
images, and downloaded fonts. The printer's rendering engine
translates the job into a pattern of dots, which also sit in printer
memory. Once the page has been translated or memory fills up, the
print engine starts moving at constant speed. Once the engine starts
moving, the CPU, wire, memory, and rendering engine have to keep
feeding dots. If they can't, the job fails. So it helps to have enough
memory to make sure that an entire page can be rendered.

If half a page prints correctly and the other half doesn't, and if the
problem is fixed by reducing resolution, you probably need more
printer memory.

Bob S
Old November 15th 18, 06:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Monday, July 24, 2006 at 2:13:02 PM UTC-5, Paul G wrote:
Hi, everytime I try and print a word document it only prints on half of an A4
page instead of the full page. Even though print preview shows the document
to cover the full page? Can someone help:-)

I have the same issue just to get it to print as a PDF