Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lindy lindy is offline

Default Labels Adding clipart to entire page

I need to add a clipart item to my labels. I want the same clipart on three
sheets of labels with different names. Do I put the clipart on the label
first and then add the clipart? If I copy the clipart and select paste
special, I have to add the clipart separately for each label, or if I copy
the clipart and highlight the entire pages of labels the select paste special
it puts the clipart on all the pages, but then I can't get the names on the
labels. HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lindy lindy is offline

Thank you for your reply. The site you directed me to is very hard to
follow. Can you explain how to insert the same picture on three sheets of
address labels with different names. When I get the picture on all the
labels, I insert a text box. Do I have to insert a text box separately into
each cell? How do I apply the format to all the labels?

"Lindy" wrote in message
I need to add a clipart item to my labels. I want the same clipart on

three
sheets of labels with different names. Do I put the clipart on the label
first and then add the clipart? If I copy the clipart and select paste
special, I have to add the clipart separately for each label, or if I copy
the clipart and highlight the entire pages of labels the select paste

special
it puts the clipart on all the pages, but then I can't get the names on

the
labels. HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The text goes in the table cell--no text box required.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Lindy" wrote in message
I need to add a clipart item to my labels. I want the same clipart on

three
sheets of labels with different names. Do I put the clipart on the

label
first and then add the clipart? If I copy the clipart and select

paste
special, I have to add the clipart separately for each label, or if I

copy
the clipart and highlight the entire pages of labels the select paste

special
it puts the clipart on all the pages, but then I can't get the names

on
the
labels. HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The link shows how to insert a graphic (the same graphic) on labels. It is
complicated by the fact that Word tables were never really designed for such
contrortions. Given that you want to have different text on each label, then
create a data file containing the list of names. This can be a simple Word
table with as many or as few columns as you have pieces of data to add. Give
each column a unique name in the first row.

You can then add your graphic and the mergefields
(http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm ) to the first
cell and when you propagate the data the graphic and the fields will be
transferred to all the labels. Then run the merge as described in this link
to a new document.