Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graywolf Graywolf is offline

Default Open merge with 'Merge Recipients' window open.

I am trying to automate a Word 97 mailmerge. I have built an interface with
VB6 that allows the end-user to select a document (in this case mailing
labels) and then refine the list of recipients from my interface. I then can
change the query for the underlying data source, but whenever I do this it
seems the merge breaks cause I can't get the merge to come up with my refined
list of recipients. So now I'm going to try to let Word handle it. All I
want to do is open my merge document in Word with the "Merge Recipients"
window open so the user can pick and choose who will get a label generated.
Is this possible? and if it is, can someone give me a code segment that will
make it happen? I've tried recording a macro but it doesn't show anything
about opening the "Merge Recipients" window, even though I opened it and made
some selections during the recording of the macro. Thanks in advance for any
help.